Years Ahead's painting and drawing class is a chance to develop your artistic skills, stretch your ideas around what you can paint and join other people in a friendly, sociable atmosphere.
Lessons are led by tutor Claire Weetman and are suitable for people of all abilities.
Autumn Term 2017
1.20/21 Sept Alphonse Mucha - art nouveau style flowers and leaves: Line drawings of nature with pencil and pen
2.27/28 Sept Alphonse Mucha - art nouveau style portraits: Line drawings of actors with pencil and pen
3. 4/5 Oct Alphonse Mucha - art nouveau style artworks: Combining the natural and portrait elements and introducing colour
4. 11/12 Oct A front door, what would sherlock deduce?: Creating a symbolic portrait - studies and ideas
5. 18/19 Oct A front door, what would sherlock deduce?: Composition and underpainting with acrylic
6. 25/26 Oct A front door, what would sherlock deduce?: Finishing off your front door 'portrait'
7. 1/2 Nov Whodunnit? Detecting a drawing: Using charcoal and erasers to draw a murder-mystery themed still life
8. 8/9 Nov Whodunnit? The dark side of pastels: Putting undertones onto a pastel drawing of a whodunnit still life.
9. 15/16 Nov Whodunnit? The final problem: Finishing, focusing and fixing
10. 22/23 Nov Open brief: Finishing off work or working on a subject/medium of your own choosing.
Painting and Drawing class fees £4.00 per class and Membership of £4.00 per term.
10-12.30, Wednesdays at Ditton Community Centre, Dundalk Road, Widnes. WA8 8DF